The Kidsploration Library provides useful resources to support the curricula of all programmes offered in the College. Students with a valid College Student / Staff Card are eligible to borrow library materials in person. Loan services including borrowing and returns are available at the Circulation Counter and students are encouraged to renew their loans and hold on-loan library materials online by themselves.
For Borrowing privileges, please click here.
Library privileges are personal and individual. They are not transferable to, or used on behalf of, other persons. Privileges are divided into four categories:
- Borrowing privileges are granted to all registered students and staff of the College.
- Reserve materials are available particularly for the use of teaching, academic, and curriculum development purpose.
- Reading privileges are granted to all registered students and staff of the College and visitors.
- The use of facilities:
- Study area is for the purpose of reading and studying only.
- Self-help photocopying and printing machine is available in the Library. Users may obtain photocopies of materials at cost, provided there is no infringement of copyright.
- AV equipment is provided for supporting the use of the Library AV materials. Headphones are available at the Circulation Counter for use in the Library. Please return the borrowed headphone(s) and AV materials (if not checked out) to Library staff at the Circulation Counter.
Holders of valid College Identity Cards are eligible to borrow the library materials according to the following conditions:
- All lendable library materials must be checked out at the Circulation Counter before they can be taken away from the Library. Any infringement of this regulation may lead to disciplinary action or prosecution.
- A valid College Identity Card must be presented when borrowing library materials.
- Borrowing privileges are different depending on the identity of the card holder and the item borrowed.
- Borrowers may renew loans for two additional periods. Renewals must be made on or before the last date of the initial loan period.
- When renewing items, it will base the new due date on the current date.
- Borrowers should take the responsibility to report loss or damaged items at the Circulation Counter.
- Fines for the late return of borrowed materials will be calculated according to the official opening hours/days of the Library and will be charged accordingly.
- An overdue item that has reached the maximum fine is assumed lost. The student will be charged with a total amount of the replacement cost of the lost item, a processing fee of $60, and the maximum overdue fine. All assumed lost items remain the property of the Library.
- Users who refuse or neglect to pay any amount owing will lose their borrowing privileges and may be placed on administrative suspension until all library bills or fines have been paid and all loans have been returned.
- As the College of Library, any remain residual payment (e.g. fines and loan) in Library will cause to Users who not permitted to receive any certificate/award from the College, even graduation, until all bills or fines have been paid and all loans have been returned.