YCCECE Library installed a Self-check Machine nearby the entrance for users to borrow, to return and to renew library books by themselves. Users should receive a note of loan details including the titles and due dates immediately after all loan transactions are completed, if they choose willing to receive an email notification.
This facility has been enhanced with RFID in November 2018 through which allows users to check out, check in, renew materials more easily and efficiently during the opening period of the Library and avoids lines at the Counter during Library service hours.
When making use of this facility, please note:
You should have valid borrowing privileges at YCCECE Library and have your library card (e.g. Student/Staff ID card, alumni library card) ready to hand.
You must not have any service blocks on your library account. If you have outstanding fines of HKD 300 or above, you need to settle your fines at the Counter before using the self-check machine. Long overdue items may also trigger a service block.
To begin, please scan your Student/Staff ID card or Library Card or put it on the card reader and then follow the on-screen prompts.
- Process 6 items at a time
- Make sure the item is placed in the correct area. If the self-check machine will not checkout / checkin or scan the RFID tag of a particular book (oversize books, overly thick books, barcode cannot be scanned), please take it to the Counter for assistance.
- If your book is not desensitized properly and triggers the alarm at the Library exit gate, please take it to the Counter for assistance.
- No paper receipt will be printed out. Please check your email inbox for your electronic receipt.
- Remember to logout after each session and take your card with you.
For assistance, please contact the Counter in person, by telephone at 3977-9880, or via e-mail email@example.com