YCCECE students and staff can borrow a notebook or iPad at the Library. The Library has a total of 14 notebooks and 3 iPads available for loan a first-come-first-served basis.
Important Notes on using the Library notebook and iPad loan:
- All data will be erased upon re-booting of the notebook and iPads. Therefore, you are strongly advised to save the computer files that you want to an external device or to email to yourselves before returning the notebook or iPads to the Library.
- You are liable for the cost of repair or replacement if there is any damage or loss of the equipment.
- Please return the notebook or iPad on the same day of borrowing or you may be subject to library overdue fines.
- Current YCCECE staff and students are eligible to borrow the notebook and iPads.
- All staff and students must use their own College Staff or Student ID Cards to borrow the notebook and iPads. Library staff may refuse users to borrow notebook and iPad loans without presenting valid College Staff or Student ID Cards.
2. Loan Rules
- Each user can borrow one set of Notebook OR one set of iPad
- Each notebook and iPad loan period is 4 hours and can be renewed once via your Library Account.
- The borrowed notebook and iPad must be returned 20 minutes before the Library is closed.
- No advanced booking or placing of a hold for the notebook and iPads.
- No checkout within 60 minutes before the library is closed.
- • It is NOT allowed to:
- borrow the notebook or iPads overnight; or
- take the notebook or iPads out of the Campus.
3. Fines & Charges
|Notebook & iPad||
Maximum Overdue Fine
$20 / hour*
$100 / night
$700 / set#
* Including Library closing hours
# Notebook and iPad loans that reach the maximum overdue fine of $700 will be assumed as lost.
- If the notebook or iPad is lost, assumed lost due to long overdue or damaged, the borrower is responsible for the cost of replacement $5,000, maximum overdue fine $700 (if applicable), and $60 processing fee.
- Failure to pay the fines will result in the suspension of library privileges until payment is settled.
- Notebooks and iPads are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- It is your responsibility to examine the condition of the notebook and iPad and accessories upon checkout. Please report any defects or malfunctions to the Library Counter immediately once found.
- The notebook and iPads should be returned to the Library in person.
- Please leave the notebook or iPad bag open when returning for checking of loaned items.
- The whole set of equipment has to be returned 20 minutes before the Library is closed.
6. Responsibility & Liability
- NEVER leave the notebook, iPads and accessories unattended.
- Take good care of the equipment.
- Do NOT add, remove or modify any hardware or software in the notebook and iPads.
- Use the notebook and iPads solely for academic or educational purposes.
- • Observe the Hong Kong Copyright Law. You are responsible for any consequences arising from inappropriate uploading or downloading of any copyright-protected computer files.
- The Library is not responsible for any leakage of personal data or data lost due to hardware or hardware failures.
- The above guidelines are subject to review and will be updated by YCCECE Library as often as appropriate.