YCCECE students and staff can borrow laptop at the Library. The Library has a total of 10 laptops available for loan a first-come-first-served basis.
Important Notes on using the Library laptop loan:
- All data will be erased upon restart of the laptop. Users are advised to save all the work on an external device.
- You are liable for the cost of repair and/or replacement if there is any damage, lost, or theft to the equipment.
- Please make sure to return the laptop on the same day of borrow or you may be subject to fines.
- Current YCCECE staff/ students are eligible to borrow the laptops
- All students/staff must use their own College Student / Staff ID Cards to borrow laptops. Library staff may refuse laptop loans to students/staff without a valid student/staff card.
2. Loan Rules
- Each user can borrow one set of laptop
- Each laptop loan period is 4 hours and can be renewed once via your Library Account.
- The borrowed laptop must be returned on the same day of the loan and 20 minutes before the Library’s closing time.
- No advanced booking / hold placing
- No checkout on the last hour of the library’s opening hours
- It is strictly prohibited to:
- Borrow the laptops for overnight
- Take the laptops out of the Campus
3. Fines & Charges
Maximum Overdue Fine
$20 / hour*
$100 / night
$700 / set#
* Including Library closing hours
# Laptop loans that reach the Maximum Overdue Fine is Assumed lost
- Lost / Assumed Lost / Damage: If the laptop is lost, assumed lost or damaged, the borrower is responsible for the cost of replacement $5000, maximum overdue fine $700 (if applicable), and $60 processing fee.
- Failure to pay the fines will result in the suspension of library privileges until payment is settled.
- Laptops are available on a first come, first served basis
- Present your valid YCCEC staff / student card in person at the Library
- It is your responsibility to examine the condition of the laptop and accessories upon checkout. Please report any defects or malfunctions to the counter once they are found.
- Return the laptop at Library in person
- Please leave the laptop bag open when returning for Library staff to check items in the bag
- The whole set of equipment has to be returned 20 minutes before the Library’s closing time
6. Responsibility & Liability
- NEVER leave the laptops and accessories unattended
- Take good care of the equipment
- Don’t add / remove / modify any hardware or software in the laptops
- Use the laptops solely for academic or educational purposes
- Observe copyright law. You are responsible for any consequences arising from inappropriate uploading and/or downloading of any copyright-protected files
- The Library is not responsible for any leakage of personal data or data lost due to hardware / software / logout failure
- The above guideline is subject to review and update by YCCECE Library as appropriate without prior notice