The Library has print and electronic journal available to YCCECE users.
To see the list of print journals: Click here
There are several ways to find journal articles online.
(1) Searching in EBSCO Database
The easiest way to find journal articles is through the EBSCOhost database. You can search directly on the EBSCO database platform, or switch the drop-down list in the Library Catalog to "Discovery".
Search EBSCO: Click here
Search in Koha (Discovery search mode): Click here*
*Make sure you have selected "Switch to Discovery" in the drop-down list next to the search box.
Unfortunately, the Library Catalog is linked only to the EBSCOhost database. There are many other journals you have access to but are not searchable in the Library Catalog or EBSCOhost database. The best way to find expand your search on articles is to search the following sources:
(2) JSTOR Archival Journal Collections
Over 300 journals and book chapters in law, psychology, public policy & administration, education, linguistics, sociology, social work, Asian studies; in addition to EBSCO, JSTOR is another great database available to you to look for scholarly information. JSTOR stands for "Journal Storage". As the name implies, it focuses on archiving journal content. Although it may not contain the latest issue, the coverage of a journal is impressive. Many of the journals provide access to content published over 50 and even 100 years ago!
Check out this newsletter that gives an introduction to JSTOR.
To access JSTOR: Click here
(3) Individual Journal Website
For example, here is a list of some of the online journals you have access to:
- Early Years
- European Early Childhood Education Research Journal
- Journal of Early Childhood Teacher Education
- Early Child Development and Care
- Contemporary Issues in Early Childhood
- Journal of Early Childhood Research
- Young Exceptional Children
- Early Childhood Research Quarterly
- Infant Behavior and Development
- Teaching Young Children
- Young Children
- International Journal of Early Childhood
- Zero to Three Journal
To access the journals above, search their name in the Electronic Resources page: Click here