We are pleased to announce that Laptop Loan Service (LLS) is now available in the Library.
The purpose of this new service is to provide students with better learning support.
As there are 10 laptops for LLS, students are encouraged to bring your own laptop.
Laptops are loaned on a first-come-first-served basis.
The laptop must be returned on the same day of the loan and not later than 20 minutes before the close of the Library at the latest.
Please refer to the “Laptop Loan Service Regulations” below:
- Laptop loan service is for study purpose only.
- All YCCECE students are eligible to borrow the laptops.
- Laptops are available on a first-come-first-served basis.
- A borrower must present his/her own student card for laptop loan.
- Each laptop is accompanied with a charger, power cord, and USB mouse.
- Modification of the hardware or software, or installation of any software in the laptop is not allowed.
- All data will be erased upon restart of the laptop. Users are advised to save all the work on an external device.
- Laptop can be used within YCCECE campus only.
- Laptop must be returned to the Library counter on the same day loan and 20 minutes before the close of the Library.+^
- Laptop cannot be checked out overnight. Any late return is regarded as lost item.
- Borrower is responsible for the cost of repair and/or replacement if there is any damage, loss, or theft to the equipment. The cost of laptop replacement is $5,000.
+ The circulation services will be terminated 15 minutes before closing of the Library.
^ To see the Library Opening hours
If you have any enquiries, please feel free to seek for our assistance.