Booking of the Group Discussion Rooms
- The Group Discussion Rooms are available for booking online: Book a room
- Each student can book up to 2 hours per session;
- Each student can make 1 session of booking per day;
- Bookings are available 7 calendar days in advance.
Time Available for Booking
Based on Library opening hours:
|Term time||Term break / Summer|
|Monday to Thursday||8:30am – 7:30pm||Monday to Friday||8:30am – 6:00pm|
|Friday||8:30am – 6:00pm||Saturday||8:30am – 1:30pm|
|Saturday||8:30am – 1:30pm|
- Although the Rooms can be used without booking, students are strongly advised to book them before using; otherwise, they may be asked to leave by Library staff or students who have made a prior booking.
- No computer is provided in the rooms. Users can borrow a laptop at the Library if needed.
Conduct of Users
- Users should return the room to its original state and leave promptly at the end of their booking period.
- The rooms are strictly for academic use only.
- Windows should not be covered.
- Eating is not allowed, except for the lunch period from 11:30am to 1:30pm.
- Valuables should not be left unattended in the Group Discussion Rooms. The College is not responsible for any loss or damage to personal items.
- Any damages of furniture and equipment in the Rooms should be reported to the Library immediately. In case of misuse of the furniture and equipment, the students will be held responsible for the total cost incurred for repair or replacement.
Important Notes to Users
- The Library may refuse room bookings to students who have failed to observe the Library’s rules and regulations.
- All Group Discussion Rooms are under CCTV surveillance.
(Updated on 29 October 2019)